The lighthouse report from Wattspeed is similar with the original one, we even kept the same design and layout for the sake of transparency.
Lighthouse - is a tool that simulates via a browser the loading of your website on different network and hardware environments. Beside the various metrics gathered synthetically, Lighthouse also gives you hints on you to improve or solve different issues of your webpage.
While we've tried to keep the Lighthouse report similar as much as possible with the original one, there are a few things we've added.
Since we can monitor your URLs from multiple locations(see how to monitor a page from multiple locations ), we've made it easy to switch the Lighthouse report to another region. Regarding the CrUX data, those metrics refers to real-world data collected from all your users experiences for the last 28 days. Those metrics are available for both the URL and the whole domain (origin).
In some cases, there may not be enough available real user data for your URL or origin.
While the rest of the report is similar to the original one, these are the performance metrics you should keep an eye on:
- First Contentful Paint: marks the time at which the first text or image is painted.
- Total Blocking Time: Sum of all time periods between FCP and Time to Interactive, when task length exceeded 50ms, expressed in milliseconds.
- Time to Interactive: Time to interactive is the amount of time it takes for the page to become fully interactive.
- Largest Contentful Paint: Largest Contentful Paint marks the time at which the largest text or image is painted.
- Speed Index: Speed Index shows how quickly the contents of a page are visibly populated.
- Cumulative Layout Shift: Cumulative Layout Shift measures the movement of visible elements within the viewport.
The Opportunities and the Diagnostics sections will show you different errors and warnings found on your website.
Check how we've managed to get a 98 performance score on our blog.